Version ”Fire Ant” is now live and changes the game in a host of ways. Aside from adding two new levels, the update also rebalances the game in a number of ways. Turrets have been differentiated more, so that they have more distinct usage situations. The enemy stat increases when they level up in the continuous mode have also been changed up, making the challenge more consistent. Lastly, the yield formula has been changed in the continuous mode.
The update also adds in a collectible in the form of mem discs, that can be found in the campaign levels. The mem discs contain brief story elements, that pieced together will give a view of the events leading up to the campaign.
Lastly, the update adds Steam leaderboards, so that your best scores in the continuous mode are saved and can be compared to those of other players around the world. For Game Jolt users, leaderboards were implemented already in the launch version of the game.
Here’s the full list of changes, fixes and additions:
- Game has been upgraded from Unity 5.5 to Unity 2017.2 which means SSAA (Res scaling),
- NGSS (shadow system) and post processing effects have been optimized.
Bugs and issues:
- Level 5 base object (the truck) has been moved to increase visibility.
- Level 5 some hexes have been moved to allow max range turrets to reach the base object.
- Fixed issue where base options in the ui would get displaced when switching res.
- Increased music fadeout speed when switching scenes.
- Adjusted post proc effects in the achievement display area.
- Fixed the heatwave effect offsetting.
- Fixed sound not playing when clicking next/previous button before last achievement in achievement display area.
New features and rebalancing:
- Two new endless mode levels, the Forest and the Overpass.
- Objectives for each level have been added to the loading screen.
- If there’s an object to protect, an indicator shows which one it is.
- Zooming has been implemented, mapped to the scroll wheel.
- Collectible story notes added to campaign levels.
- Story note reading room added in main menu.
- Song in reading room.
- Five new achievements, Give ’em hell 7+8, Prime example 7+8 and Librarian.
- Steam scoreboards implemented for continuous mode levels.
- Acid turret, Bull turret, Missile turret, Plasma turret, Rail turret, Double turret and Machinegun turret rebalanced.
- Enemy level up stats (including yields) rebalanced in endless mode.
- Bug zapper range slightly increased and damage greatly increased.
- Turrets can be rotated using the arrow keys.
- Plasma turret smoother textures.
- Level 5 DoF has been adjusted to avoid the turret at the far right position on the screen blurring.
- Level C1 DoF has been adjusted to avoid bottom turret position blurring.
- Level C1 Grass was growing through some cars.
- Level C1 Lens dirt decreased.
- Added more songs to the playlists in the continuous mode.
- Spruced up turret firing effects for plasma, sonic pulse.
- Added barrel heat on the Double turret.
- Text on game over in continuous mode adjusted to not line break.
- Increased Missile turret emission.