The latest build will be live in a bit! It features a bunch of additional features, some QoL improvements, UI fixes and some other things.
In the retromode, there’s now an alternate version of the windfarm that can be built in the sea. Similarly, there’s now also a wave power plant.
In the retro mode, the research for the centrifugal particle extractor has been replaced with research for the resource separator building. This building is available in the standard mode without research too.
– Click/drag demolition.
– Windpower plant, seabased – Retromode.
– Wavepower plant, seabased – Retromode.
– Recycling centers now return small amounts of metal and sand.
– Separator building, all modes. Researchable in Retromode. Recycles trash and outputs a small amount of all base resources (metal, sand, carbon etc.).
– Goods crates now randomly spawn. If found they grant a reward. Currently missing some UI items displaying what has been found.
– Fixed issue with controls settings always saving on window closing.
– Fix for camera panning reversing when letting go of mousebutton and moving the mouse pointer.
– Fix for laboratory not registering after load.
– Close windows button (marked with x) added.
– Info button (marked with ?) added for each panel in game.
– Camera sensitivy slider reversed in options. Moving it to the right makes the camera floatier.
– Mine and sand extractor descriptions and names added for French, German, Russian and Spanish.
– Fixed some text sizes in russian.
– Fix for campign objectives UI blocking clicks.
– Property tax revenue per conglomerate added into local economy panel.
– Research in retromode fixed to include and exclude buildings specific to mode.
– Research times cut by 10-50%.
– Rich presence expanded.
So work with the game moves forward. In the current build that just launched (EA 0.12a) there are a bunch of fixes and new features:
– Alternate versions for small scale residential, commercial and industrial buildings added.
– Building type view added.
General bugs and glitches fixed
– Block destruction was broken in the tutorial – fixed!
– Destruction always displayed in red.
– Flickering of destruction hologram minimized. There can still be minor flickering.
– Ghost messages from conglomerates and board of citizens should no longer be sent.
Changes based on player feedback:
– Rebindable keys added earlier, and expanded with rebindable mouse rotate and pan actions. NOTE! This resets player preferences, so you will need to rebind keys and set graphical options.
– Controls for panning and rotation changed. Panning is now a one button action
– Performance improvement in car movement system. Changes should improve performance of car movement significantly (around 30 %).
– Reorienting camera stops when player presses pan/rotate mouse button.
– Fixed bug where researched buildings were unlocked from start.
– The tips from the campaign have now been gathered and added into the econopedia under “general tips”. More tips will be added along with additional text.
– Eye adaptation early implementation.
The small scale RCI buildings now have alternative versions:
Lower and middle class residences:
Full residential set:
All of this to add a bit more variation. In a future release, probably around the end of september, the small scale RC buildings will be getting another density. So they will be able to grow into slightly bigger buildings with more residents and workers. This will add yet more variation.
For the upcoming full 0.12 version, scheduled for next weekend, there will be a wave power plant and wind power plant placed in water added into the retro mode. Currently, there is also an issue where two buildings not available in the retromode are researchable, this will be corrected in the upcoming version. I’m also looking into more camera control fixes, expanded tutorials and more help documentation.